The Instrumentation and Measurement (I&M) Society is currently accepting applications for new Distinguished Lecturers (DL) for the Distinguished Lecturer Program (DLP). The DLP provides I&M chapters and technical events around the world with talks by experts on topics of interest and importance to the I&M community. Our lecturers are among the most qualified experts in their field. More details on the DLP can be found at: http://ieee-ims.org/education/distinguished-lecturers-program
This year, to accommodate COVID-19 related restrictions, DLP Evaluations will be conducted in-person and virtually on Zoom on Tuesday, May 17th, at I2MTC 20212 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. In-person presentations are preferred, and virtual presentations will be conducted live with the Evaluation Committee in the time zone of the conference (EDT or UTC-4).
Applications are accepted through May 6, 2022 (11:59pm on 5/6 CDT/UTC-5). Presentations selected for an evaluation slot must be no longer than 12 minutes. Q&A sessions will not be permitted as part of the presentation.
Suggested topics for DL presentations include (but are not limited to):
- Laser/Optics (including Fiber Optic Sensing)
- Measurement Precision, Sensitivity, and Noise
- Measurement Fundamentals (accuracy, trueness, repeatability, resolution, etc.)
- Calibration and Calibration Periodicity
- DC Measurements
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements
- Robotics/Automated Measurements
- Nanotechnology in Instrumentation and Measurement
- Big Data and Metrology
- Measurement for Food Safety
- State-of-the-Art of Traditional Measurements and Instrumentation (Digitizers, Voltmeters, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.).
To apply, submit a single PDF file that includes the following:
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter’s name and affiliation
- Presentation mode (in-person or virtual)
- Abstract of the presentation topic (between 500 and 1000 words)
- A biography of the presenter (limited to 150 words)
For questions or to submit your application, contact the DLP Chair, Kristen Donnell, at [email protected]